There is no better time than summer to soak in a good read. Whether you're sitting in the sun at the beach or wanting to relax after a long day of work, our picks for this summer's reading will be your go-to's for a literary escape.
1) Astrophysics For People In A Hurry by Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Tyson breaks down astrophysics in an approachable and enjoyable manner. Topics include the cosmos, quantum mechanics, and black holes.
Release Date: 5/2/2017
2) The Potlikker Papers: A Food History of the Modern South by John T. Edge
Edge chronicles the importance of Southern culture and food from the 1950's to 2015. Politics, Southern cuisine, the civil rights movement, and gentrification are discussed.
Release Date: 5/16/2017
3) Of Mess and Moxie: Wrangling Delight Out Of This Wild and Glorious Life by Jen Hatmaker
Of Mess and Moxie details the struggles that all women face. It is filled with hilarious life tales such as driving to the wrong town for a school field trip, along with the tragedies, missteps, and mishaps we all will endure in life providing comedic relief all the way.
Release Date: 8/8/2017
4) Sunshine State by Sarah Gerard
Sunshine State is a collection of essays from Gerard that cover her time in Florida. They examine everything from friendships to her parents to a bird sanctuary and has received rave reviews.
Release Date: 4/11/2017
5) Camino Island by John Grisham
This mystery novel features a gang of thieves and their mission to steal literary treasures from Princeton University. Camino Island will be Grisham's 30th book.
Release Date: 6/6/2017
6) Secrets In Summer by Nancy Thayer
Thayer's novel has been called "The Queen of beach books" by The Star-Ledger. It is about Darcy Cotterill's experiences on the Nantucket shore one summer featuring scandal, family, and romance.
Release Date: 5/16/2017
7) Beartown by Fredrick Backman
Beartown is set in a small forest town which is failing. Hopes that the towns junior ice hockey team will win a national semi-final is all that keeps Beartown going. However, a violent crime is witnessed by a young female and the accusations that ensue afterward create intense drama for the team players and the town's residents.
Release Date: 4/25/2017
8)Do Not Become Alarmed by Maile Meloy
Meloy's tale is about a perfect family vacation gone wrong. It all starts out well with a picture perfect cruise but after the children go missing while on land, it evolves into a story of guilt, placing blame, and intense fear while attempting to find their lost loved ones. This nightmare of a trip will have you on the edge of your seat!
Release Date: 6/6/2017
9) Al Franken, Giant Of The Senate by Al Franken
Franken's personal memoir covers his experience evolving from a satirist to a senator. He details his campaign, new career, and more and with a comedic standpoint on it all. Although just released, the book has already sold one million copies.
Release Date: 5/30/2017
10) Priestdaddy: A Memoir by Patricia Lockwood
Priestdaddy: A Memoir features Lockwood's Catholic upbringing with her untraditional priest Father and her return to living in her parent's rectory with her husband after a crisis. It ranges from silly to deeply serious recanting her old memories at the rectory and details the collision of their different ways of life.
Release Date: 5/2/2017
1) Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
Chin's children's book geared towards ages 7 to 12, gives the reader the geological history of one of the world's greatest natural wonders through the hike of a father and daughter. The amazing illustrations along with the accessibility for children to understand the science and history behind the Grand Canyon make this a wonderful fun learning tool.
Release Date: 2/21/2017
2) We Found A Hat by Jon Klassen
We Found A Hat is the third in Klassen's hat series. It aims to teach the importance of justice, hilarity, and sympathy. This picture book is great for children ages 4 to 8.
Release Date: 10/11/2016
3) Out of Wonder, Poems Celebrating Poets by Kwame Alexander, Chris Colderley, and Marjory Wentworth
The poetry and mixed media illustrations in Out of Wonder provide inspiration for young writers. The three authors pay homage to 20 different famous poets by writing poems that emulate their styles. These greats include Pablo Neruda, Robert Frost, Maya Angelou, e.e. Cummings, and Emily Dickenson to name a few. This is an excellent read for the family, independently, or in a classroom setting.
Release Date: 3/14/2017
The Ellen Clark Team hopes this reading list will keep you busy all summer. If you are looking for the new home of your dreams or looking to list your home while the market is still scorching hot, call Patricia Clark at 804-387-2976 or email at email@example.com TODAY!
ABOUT THE DAVE WORRIE TEAM:
The Team was started in the mid 1990’s by Dave Worrie, President and CEO of The Dave Worrie Team, Inc. It was started as an alternative to the traditional 1-person (try to do everything) way of selling real estate. Dave had a vision of how to improve real estate by employing specialist (i.e. Marketing, Technology, Telemarketer, Closing Coordinator, etc.) who could focus on one area of real estate, and do a better job than any single agent trying to do everything themselves. In the end, our clients are winners as our homes sell faster and for more money than most traditional agents trying to do everything. In fact, our team specializes in selling move-up homes and difficult to sell homes that others have been unsuccessful in selling. Today, our Team consists of Dave Worrie our President & Team Leader, several Buyer Specialist who focus exclusively on the needs of our Buyers, and our behind the scenes support staff of specialist who ensures the process runs smoothly from start to finish. Our Sales Associates are highly trained and specialize in specific area like:
• Luxury Home Sales • Exclusive Buyer Representation• Short Sales • Foreclosures & Investment Property • Relocation • Difficult to sell (Previously listed) homes• Land and acreage
Feel free to give us a call for a free complimentary consultation. (804) 521-5007 x 111.
ABOUT DAVE WORRIE:
Dave is a native Richmonder born and raised in the local area. He has lived in both Henrico and Chesterfield counties and with over 25 years of selling experience knows the entire Richmond metro area. Prior to Real Estate, Dave graduated from Virginia Tech with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and worked as an accountant for a fortune 50 company. Dave is a knowledgeable Real Estate Agent and Investor (owning both Residential Investment & Commercial Real Estate) and enjoys teaching & training new Real Estate investors. With over 2,000 closed real estate sales, he is recognized as a real estate expert and he personally specializes in the area of selling higher-end and previously listed/difficult to sell homes. Dave is described by his clients as being professional, knowledgeable, a problem solver and a master of getting results. As an individual agent he has been recognized by the Richmond Association of Realtors with their Highest Sales Award as one of the Elite “Top 10 Agents” in the entire Richmond metro area out of all 5,000 licensed agents. As a Team leader, he has grown his team to also be one of the “Top 10 Teams” in the entire Richmond Metro area for “6 years” in a row, a feat rarely accomplished by any real estate agent or Team in any area!
For over 25 years, Dave has spent much of his time helping buyers and sellers find that perfect dream home. He would love to help you and your family join our Richmond family and make Richmond and the surrounding area your home. Listed below are a few of the special honors, awards, and credentials of Dave and his Team:
• Virginia Real Estate License since (1989) • Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting - Virginia Tech • Ranked in “Top 10 Agents” in Metro Richmond (by RAR) • Ranked in “Top 10 Teams” in Metro Richmond (2013 + 2006 thru 2011) • Ranked in “Top 10 Teams” in Metro Richmond (2001 & 2003) (out of 5,000 Agents & Teams in the Metro Area - by RAR) • Richmond Association of Realtors “Distinguished Achiever” Award from 1990 to present (by RAR) • Accredited CP Platinum Member (ACPP) • Distress Sale Default School - Advanced Evaluations • RE/MAX - Lifetime Achievement Award • RE/MAX - Hall of Fame Award • RE/MAX - 100% Club • Ranked - #6 Team in State of Virginia (2007) RE/MAX International• Ranked - #11 Team in State of Virginia (2008) RE/MAX International • Ranked - #13 Team in State of Virginia (2006) RE/MAX International • Ranked - #20 Team in State of Virginia (2009) RE/MAX International • Certified Site Agent - by Sales & Marketing Council of Richmond• USAA - Movers Advantage Certificate • Member - Central Virginia Regional Multiple Listing Service • Member - Richmond Association of Realtors (RAR)
• Member - Virginia Association of Realtors (VAR) • Member - National Association of Realtors (NAR) • Moseley Flint School of Real Estate - Richmond